Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Windows 7 Weather Center Gadget


Not sure why it is so hard to  find the Windows 7 Weather Center Gadget. But after a bit of sleuthing I found it on this Russian site:

http://weathercenter.narod2.ru/

I'll have to get my russian friend Igor to validate that the site is legit. I suspect it is but I really can't tell. I've only been using it for a little while. But I like it.

You can read the back story here if you are curious about the site. Click Here

Also if you use Google Chrome you can translate the Russian site on the fly so you can  read it easily.


It seems that development on the gadget is at WeatherCenter version 2.6.2


I saved a copy of of WeatherCenter.v2.6.2 here on my google drive -->
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B3Bk2h0O9PPNUnAtRWZBWnBmLVE/edit

If you open the options and click this link it takes you to the Russian site this makes me feel like it might be the legit site. But who  know.

Feel free to comment. I'll let you know if I find anything out that indicates that this Windows 7 Gadget is not good.

Cheers,
Luke


3 comments:

  1. The weathercenter.narod2.ru is legit.
    I am WeatherCenter gadget author.

    hadj

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://weathercenter.narod2.ru/ is correct. Seems to be down today however, so it's good to have mirror links for the 2.6.2 download.

    Here is the MD5 for the WeatherCenter.v2.6.2.gadget file I downloaded directly from weathercenter.narod2.ru when it was working:
    0143ac8d7a6095261ff92314b8ffa295

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, anyone know how to change language in weather center gadget. I noticed like few diferent languages but dunno how to activate it. Please help.

    ReplyDelete